Send us your message or book your stay now
We accept Visa and Mastercard, bank transfers, paypal, and booking through travel sites. Fill in the form below to inquire about availability.
Plane from San José to Drake
The easiest way to get to Drake is by plane. Skyway flys daily to Drake Bay from the Juan Santamaría international airport, SJO, (duration: approx 45 minutes). We will pick up guests from the Drake Bay airport. *Let us know which flight you are on, or we will be happy to arrange all flights for youights for you.
Car from San José to Sierpe (+* boat)
If driving, we recommend using Google Maps or Waze to navigate. You can choose between the Inter-American Highway (by San Isidro de Perez Zeledón) or by the new Costanera Highway (along the coast by Quepos and Dominical) to get to Palmar Norte. In Palmar Norte, after crossing the Térraba River Bridge turn to the right, you will pass through banana and palm plantations arriving at the town of Sierpe. In Sierpe, parking is available at the restaurant Las Vegas for $6-7 a day; ask for the manager, Jonny. Then go to Restaurante “la Perla del Sur,” where boats to Drake Bay depart. Have dollars to pay the captain for the trip. It takes about 5 hours to drive from San Jose to Sierpe.
*We will need to make reservations on the boats for you, so please let us know which boat you would like to be on.
Sierpe – Drake Boat schedule:
11:30 am $ 15 per person
3:30 pm $ 20 per person.
1) Pay directly to the captain in cash (USD).
2) Give the captain your names and that you are going to Drake Bay Greenleaf.
3) Be at the boat at least 20-30 minutes before departure,
4) When you reach Bahia Drake, the Captain will call us so that we can pick you up.
5) To get to Drake Bay you must disembark on a beach, so you will get your feet wet, and possibly your pants as well. (Please remove your shoes or wear sandals).
6) If it is the rainy season, bring a poncho or raincoat, plus plastic bags to protect your luggage in the boat.
Drake Bay, Peninsula de Osa, Puntarenas, Costa Rica.